Rheem 052072 Thermostat ST Solar Close Coupled.
The Rheem 052072 thermostat ST solar close coupled is suitable for Solar hot water heaters with either the tank on the ground or on the roof.
Personal Protective Equipment should be worn when conducting step 2 of this procedure to reduce the risk of electric shock.
- Isolate the power supply to the water heater and remove access cover.
- Confirm with multi-meter between each Active and Neutral at the terminal blockthat voltage is not present.
- Remove the thermostat protective cover and disconnect the wiring from the thermostat (Note wiring positions).
- Slide thermostat vertically out of clamp. Note the current temperature selected.
- Remove any scale or corrosion from cylinder surface.
- Slide replacement thermostat into place behind clamp, set temperature to that noted in step 4 and connect wiring to appropriate points (refer to “Wiring Diagrams” section on page 10). Note: Ensure thermostat face is in good contact with cylinder surface.
- Check water heater internal wiring insulation for cracking.
- Conduct an electrical insulation test (refer to “Electrical Insulation Testing” on page 28).
- Refit the thermostat protective cover and the lower access cover.
10.Restore the power supply to the water heater.