Thermostat R/S ST1203133 70 Degree 052012
Personal Protective Equipment should be worn when conducting step 2 of this procedure to reduce the risk of electric shock.
- Isolate the power supply to the water heater and remove access cover.
- Confirm with multi-meter between each Active and Neutral at the terminal blockthat voltage is not present.
- Remove the thermostat protective cover and disconnect the wiring from the thermostat (Note wiring positions).
- Slide thermostat vertically out of clamp. Note the current temperature selected.
- Remove any scale or corrosion from cylinder surface.
- Slide replacement thermostat into place behind clamp, set temperature to that noted in step 4 and connect wiring to appropriate points (refer to “Wiring Diagrams” section on page 10). Note: Ensure thermostat face is in good contact with cylinder surface.
- Check water heater internal wiring insulation for cracking.
- Conduct an electrical insulation test (refer to “Electrical Insulation Testing” on page 28).
- Refit the thermostat protective cover and the lower access cover.
10.Restore the power supply to the water heater.