Rheem 31-86057-00 Water Body Assembly Continuous Flow
Water Body Assembly
Do not attempt to dismantle the servomotor, this is factory calibrated. Adjustments will render the water heater either inoperable or cause incorrect water temperature delivery.
- Remove the Proportional Gas Flow Regulating Valve.
- Disconnect the cold water supply pipe from the cold water Inlet Connection.
- Unscrew the Water Drain Valve assembly and Pressure Relief Valve (item 30) and drain the water heater.
- Remove the screw from the Retaining Flange and remove Flange.
- Carefully disengage the two copper pipes from the Water Body Assembly.
- Disconnect the wiring to the Bypass Solenoid.
- Remove the four screws from the cold water Inlet Connector on the underside of the water heater cabinet and withdraw the Inlet Connector and o-ring from the base of the water heater.
- Carefully remove the Water Body Assembly from the water heater.
- Disconnect the multi-pin connectors from the servomotor, Water Flow Sensor and Cold Water Thermistor at the PCB. Note: Some wiring retainers will need to be released to allow wiring to be removed.
- Remove the retaining screw from the Anti-Frost Heater and remove.
- Reassemble in reverse order of above, replacing pipe o-rings if required.
- Test for gas and water leaks.