Rheem 31-86051-00 Gas Valve Continuous Flow
Proportional Gas Flow Regulating Valve
- Remove the Lower Burner Assembly.
- Disconnect the gas supply pipe from the Gas Inlet Connection.
- Remove the three silver screws from the Gas Inlet Connector on the outside of the water heater cabinet.
- Carefully remove the Proportional Gas Flow Regulating Valve (PGFR) from the water heater.
- Disconnect the multi-pin wiring plugs from the Gas Inlet Solenoid Valve (GISV), the Proportional Gas Flow Regulating Valve (PGFR) and Solenoid Valves 1 & 2.
- Reassemble in reverse order of above. Replace gaskets if required.
- Test for gas leaks with soapy water solution.