Suitable for most twin element electric hot water systems
Top Thermostat – Non-Simultaneous
Personal Protective Equipment should be worn when conducting step 2 of this procedure to reduce the risk of electric shock.
- Isolate the power supply to the water heater and remove upper and lower front covers.
- Confirm with multi-meter between each Active and Neutral at the terminal blockthat voltage is not present.
- Remove the protective cover and disconnect wiring from the thermostat (Note wiring positions).
- Slide thermostat vertically out of clamp.
- Remove any scale or corrosion from cylinder surface.
- Slide replacement thermostat into place behind clamp and connect wiring to appropriate points (refer to “Wiring Diagrams” section on page 10). Note: Ensure thermostat face is in good contact with cylinder surface.
- Check water heater internal wiring insulation for cracking.
- Refit the thermostat protective cover and upper access cover securely.
- Conduct an electrical insulation test on the water heater (refer to “Electrical Insulation Testing” on page 28).
10.Replace lower access cover and restore the power supply to the water heater.